1.1 – IDPA’s Fundamental Principles
The Fundamental Principles are a guide to all members.
- Promote safe and proficient use of firearms and equipment suitable for concealed carry self-defense.
- Offer a practical shooting sport encouraging competitors to develop skills and fellowship with like-minded shooters.
- Provide a level playing field for all competitors that solely tests the skill and ability of each individual, not their equipment.
- Provide separate divisions for equipment and classifications for shooters, such that firearms with similar characteristics are grouped together and people with similar skill levels compete against each other.
- Provide shooters with practical and realistic courses of fire, and test skills that could be required to survive life- threatening encounters.
- Strongly encourage all IDPA members to support our sponsors when making purchases of equipment and accessories. Industry sponsors have been instrumental in IDPA’s success at all levels including Club, State, Regional, National, and International levels.
- Develop and maintain an infrastructure that will allow IDPA to be responsive to our shooters. While IDPA can never be all things to all people, respectful constructive suggestions from our members, which follow IDPA Fundamental Principles, will always be welcome.
Posted on: March 28, 2019 , by : @downzero.ro